Sunday, April 5, 2009

House work

Well we have been working on the house for awhile now, but really started working on it this last week since I was on vacation. I thought at the beginning of my vacation that it would be done within a few days so I could spend my last few days of vacation in relax mode. How silly am I? Kyle had the flooring torn up in our upstairs bathroom and took the toilet out so that his dad could lay the flooring. This didn't happen right away because his dad had other jobs to work on. So we were without an upstairs toilet for about 2 weeks. I decided that since he had the flooring up that I would paint that room as well. For anyone that's been to our house you would understand why. The entire house is sage green and white. It was nice when we moved it but it gets old quickly. So we, well mainly I, picked out a yellow color...called Egg Yolk. It is exactly what color you imagine. I painted every wall in the room this color and the ceiling and the slanted wall. A few friends of ours, Eric and Danielle, pointed out that maybe we should paint the ceiling and slanted wall white since we had no windows it made the room very dark. So I then primed the ceiling and slanted wall and painted it white. Wow did that ever make a difference. Then I decided to paint the dark wood vanity a bright white as well. That also brightened it right up. Once the flooring got installed, which is white vinyl, that room looks amazing. We went and got a new sink top today as well as a new faucet for the sink and that looks so good. Then I decided to also get a new mirror. I got the 3 way mirror so that Kyle and I can use that bathroom as our "preparation" room. I need the mirrors to see the back of my hair. So as I type this Kyle is installing that. We also got a white over the toilet storage unit and red rugs and towels to trim it out. I have to say that I am very happy with the turn out of this bathroom. Not to mention how much hard work my husband has put in to this project. I need to go finish painting the downstairs bathroom...more to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment