Sunday, April 5, 2009

So close to being done

Okay so the upstairs bathroom is complete minus the light getting swapped out and the tub getting cleaned. SO CLOSE!!! So I finished painting the downstairs bathroom while Kyle finished the upstairs bathroom. The orange painting is complete! I don't think I have ever been so excited. So after I get done painting I decide to clean the tub out. It's gotten dirty from people stepping in it and putting in our new tub surround. It looks so much better. We have the white tile look in the tub, a new white shower curtain. We also found out that we have a heat register in the bathroom that has been covered by the vinyl for the last year so that was cut out and we put a new vent cover in. The vanity and mirror have been painted brown and the new sink and faucet are in. Anyway I got distracted...I was cleaning the tub and I wanted to clean the drain filter thingy that stops big things from going down it. So I unscrewed it and pulled the filter thingy out. As I do this the nastiest biggest hair wad comes up with it...that's not all. I then had to pull more out of the drain. So freaking nasty! And while I realize that it's mostly my hair...it doesn't matter, because God only knows what else is in that wad. So that is my wifely duty of the year. I am pretty sure that the husband was supposed to do that.










So on my vacation we did the following:
Painted my old bedroom at my moms
Met my sister's first official boyfriend
Painted the upstairs and downstairs bathrooms
Painted the vanities and mirrors
Bought and had baseboard installed
Bought a new bedroom door
Installed two new sink tops with faucets
Installed a tub surround
Got the upstairs and entry way flooring installed
Repaired and filled holes in the walls
Cleaned my car out...new and shiny looking
Went to the insurance company to talk life insurance
Went to the bank to work on my loan and met an awesome loan officer
Visited with friends and family
Was productive on our new business venture

Top Thing...pulled nasty hair wad out of drain...PRICELESS!

Now I am off to take a shower in my new shower for the first time ever...and the first shower in my own house in like a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment